Wagyu Oxtail - R180/kg
Extra marbling, extra flavour.
How to prepare:
1. Season meat, brown on high heat on heavy skillet.
2. Add n bottle of good red wine, 2 roughly chopped onions, 6 cloves of garlic, 2 roughly chopped carrots, 4 fresh bay leaves, 8 juniper berries, salt & pepper to taste.
3. Add extra water to make sure that meat is submerged. Cover pot.
4. At the restaurant we leave this overnight in our pizza oven, you can leave it in the oven at 150deg for at least 8 hours.
5. Once cooked, allow meat to cool down in the liquid, this helps to keep the meat juicy. Which is why your oxtail is always better the next day!
6. Skim off extra fat and remove meat from sauce. Using a stick blender, blend sauce until smooth and reduce.